Case Study Eight –
Integration of a hotel into the group's systems
The Client - The regional director of a five star hotel group.
Background - This quality hotel in francophone West Africa ran quite successfully but was separate from the norms of the group. The brief was to carry out, in French, consultation, system design and training to enable management to run the property to standard following the group’s norms.
Project scope and implementation
- To translate into French the group’s documentation on the philosophy and practise of people management.
- To create formally, and demonstrate to all employees, the company’s structure and system of teams - and accountability within and between them.
- To design and introduce the company’s Team Briefing system which, with absolute regularity, gave information about the company that affected their work to each employee.
- To create job descriptions for all employees based on Key Result Areas and Standards of Performance.
- To introduce monthly, brief, 1:1 performance interviews between each leader and the designated staff who were his or her direct reports. These interviews recorded performance, gave support and set agreed targets.
- To design and introduce a Performance Appraisal system based on the information held by leader and subordinate, from the monthly 1:1 interviews.
- To design and introduce Professional Development Plans for each employee.
All the documentation was translated and made available to the group’s other francophone properties. All the required training was carried out and the hotel ran renewed within the group’s norms.
Moda Hotel & Resort Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. Reg No. 6848306
Registered Office: The Moda House, 1 High Street, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol BS37 6BA