Case Study Three – Resort Development Analysis
The Client - The developer acquired over 100 acres of beachfront property on an island in the Eastern Caribbean with the vision to develop a full service resort community.
Background - A proposed resort community to be developed on an “up and coming” island destination. The proposed facilities included a full service, branded five star resort; 18-hole PGA rated Championship Golf Course, residential villas, retail outlets, 100 slip marina, conference facilities and a spa.
Project Scope and Implementation
- We were commissioned to assess the site before any construction or financing. This also included a full assessment of the market and potential demand for the proposed facilities.
- We also provided financial scenarios "best, and worst case" for the developer, implemented timeframes and drafted a “go-forward” plan.
- We advised the developer that the project would have to reviewed in conjunction with the island’s tourism plan.
- We reviewed the key channels of distribution, air and sea access to the island and its potential impact on the development. Other destinations in the Caribbean and similar developments were analysed also, to form a “competitive set”.
- Our findings and recommendations were detailed in a “Resort Development Analysis Report”.
- The recommendations presented were positively received by the developer.
- We made recommendations on which facilities to include within the resort community.
- Following the preparation of the construction shortlist, we successfully introduced a recognized construction company with Caribbean experience to the developer.
- Our findings were presented to the developer so that they could proceed in securing the remaining financing needed to start the resort community development.
Moda Hotel & Resort Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. Reg No. 6848306
Registered Office: The Moda House, 1 High Street, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol BS37 6BA