Case Study Seven – Resort Review
The Client - The owner and managing director of a remarkable, luxury five star destination Spa resort in the kingdom of Thailand.
Background - It operated successfully for ten years as a leading destination spa to world acclaim; consisting of some sixty suites, seventy treatment rooms and over eighty five qualified therapists offering more than one hundred and fifty treatments and activities.
The Company wished to expand its operation both within the kingdom and internationally through acquisition and/or management contracts.
Project scope and Implementation
Fulfilling this brief allowed Duncan to assess the readiness and ability of the company to maintain and enhance the success for which the resort is renowned and compute its ability to transfer this model to other locations. This review allowed him to:
- Experience the Resort and to comment on the leadership, organisation and structure of the resort.
- Focus on key areas of standards, the formulation and documentation of the standards of performance.
- Review the leadership’s and teams’ performance to these standards.
- Review accountability for performance to the set and agreed standards.
- Study and make suggestions on the issue of recognition and reward for achievement of the agreed standards.
- Observe the key areas of communication and reporting.
- Make recommendations on consequent leadership issues.
A report was produced outlining ways and methods by which the realisation of the company's stated objectives could be achieved.
Moda Hotel & Resort Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. Reg No. 6848306
Registered Office: The Moda House, 1 High Street, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol BS37 6BA